Saturday, July 2, 2011

A lesson learnt...

I am totally, utterly and bitterly confused,which book should i read???now reading 'the firm' nice book but the usual hollywood plot-a smart hero helping the fbi tryin' to take over a mafia.Although it's a fast paced,hold on to nerve kind of experience read but the problem with this kind of genre is that after u fifnish readin half the book u begin to wonder ,why am i reading this?Aren't the books there to enhance ur intellectual thinking(sounds too orthodox),this is exactly the thought that came to my mind when i finished reading more than half the book.Having no motivation(motivation?u don't need motivation to watch tv) i stopped reading it when the plot had got actually interesting, never mind i said n thought of reading a book which scholars read(what a stupid thought!).With this thought in my mind i went to bookstore n purchased 'The dialogues of Plato', a book on philosophy(philosophy n me! think about it n i'm sure that will be the end of ur thinking process).Ok, so i purchased it,went home,read it n closed it(200 rs wasted).My brief encounters with plato's teaching might not have taught me anything about philosophy but it taught me never ever deal with anything which is outside the realm of your understanding.Anyways i'm back reading 'the firm' n enjoying it.So long to all the philosophical kind of stuff n the 'intellectual' thinking that book enhances, for me reading is only n will always be about pleasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...